LL.M. (Sydney) ∙ Dr. jur.
Attorney at law
2021 Partner a Müller Schupfner & Partner
2009 Master of Laws (Communications and Information Technology Law), University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
2007 – 2008 Trademark examiner at European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO)
2002 – 2004 Trademark examiner at German Patent and Trademark Office
2002 Phd at University Osnabrück
2001 Second State Examination and admission to the German Lawyers Bar
1996 First State Examination
Carsten has been working in the field of intellectual property law for almost 20 years. He advises his clients in all areas of intellectual property law, in particular in patent and trademark law. His main focus is on litigation, especially in patent, trademark and unfair competition law, as well as contract drafting. Due to his several years of experience as a trademark examiner at the German Patent and Trademark Office and the then OHIM (EUIPO), he also has special expertise in trademark law.
After studying law at the University of Osnabrück and subsequently obtaining his doctorate, Carsten worked as a lawyer in two major US law firms and one major British-Canadian law firm. At the beginning of 2021, he joined Müller Schupfner & Parnter as a partner.
- Patent law
- Trademark law
- Design law
- Competition law
- Copyright law
- Conducting trademark and design infringement proceedings
- Advice and litigation in national and cross-border patent infringement proceedings in all technical fields
- Advice on competition law
- Conducting of domian litigation opposition and appeal proceedings before the German and European Patent Office
- Trademark portfolio consulting
- Trademark applications and oppositions